It’s a nightmare of opportunity, with lots of money riding on the “most important day of your life”.
If you’re looking for wedding catering in Sheffield you will have so many choices to make it’ll be almost impossible to make up your mind!
We will go over some of the important things to consider before you make your final decision.
Does the venue do the catering for you?
This is a big one!
In many situations you will simply have no choice on the catering, as either the venue will cater it themselves, or they will have an affiliated company who they work with and you have to go through.
So make sure to pick your venue first, and then work out the answer to this question before moving on to shopping catering options.
There are a few wedding venues around Sheffield that do this.
How do you book a wedding caterer?
Usually the process of booking a wedding caterer will be as follows:
- Informal conversation – this will usually involve a “getting to know you” style chat over the phone or at home, helping to understand the type of things you like.
- Proposal – this is where the caterer will put together some ideas of what you might like + the costs, and send it over for you to review.
- Finalising – this is where you negotiate things like price and additions to the menu, and sign a contract to agree payment terms and pay any deposits required.
What should you ask about wedding catering?
This is the number 1 question, as if they’re already booked for your wedding date, then you can’t have them no matter how hard you want.
The next step is to ask if they specialise in a certain type of cooking.
And finally ask about the costs and if they’re much higher than others you’ve asked, then perhaps ask why and for a discount to make it more like the others.
And make sure they have a good hygeine rating, that is essential.
What’s the best food for wedding reception catering?
There is no specific style of food that is best for your Sheffield wedding, as it really depends on your theme, colours, attendees dietary requirements, and the food you enjoy!
Some people prefer a buffet style meal, while others prefer food brought ready plated.
Others prefer something exciting or exotic like Indian platters, and others will want traditional roast beef.
The key with catering is to ask if they’ve ever catered a certain type of food before, then you can perhaps ask those people who attended the wedding and see if it was good. It’s a good sign that they aren’t just guessing about cooking your specialist cuisine.
If you have further questions about wedding catering Sheffield, then ask them in the comments or via email!
Latest posts by Charles Morgan (see all)
- Wedding Catering is TOUGH WORK in Yorkshire / Sheffield - 9th May 2019
- Garden Balcony Style with Outdoor Furniture in 2019 - 18th March 2019